Before you add a new job, ensure that you have created the Insurance Company, Branch, and Adjuster Details in iCAT. This information is important in order to use many features in iCat.
Of course, you can still create a job without creating the Adjuster and related profiles, however you will not be able to share schedules of loss or leverage any online portals for your customers.
Watch this video for a detailed explanation.
Hover over the Job Header and select <Jobs>.
When the page loads, hover over the Action Menu and click <Add New Job>.
Enter Required Fields:
Last Name: Enter Insured’s last name.
Claim #: This is a user defined data reference number which can be entered to keep track of the claim. This can either come from the insurance company or from an external CRM / Job Management System.
Type of Claim: Select between Residential and Commercial.
Claim Cause: Select a claim cause that best matches.
3. Adjuster, Branch and Insurance Company can be chosen from the lists previously
maintained/added into iCAT. If an existing Adjuster is selected, the associated Branch and Insurance Company will auto populate. These fields can be left blank or added on the fly by selecting the orange “+” icon next to the respective fields.
Note: If you are adding an adjuster for a new insurance company, add the insurance company first, then the branch, then finally the adjuster.
Adding an adjuster enables you to leverage the online portals for both adjuster and the insured.
4. Deductible: If there is a deductible to collect on this job, enter it here. It will display in several reports including the Schedule of Loss and Main Report.
5. Limits: Sometimes the carrier advises of limits on claims, especially tenant policies. A number entered here will be displayed within the adjuster portal which identifies the contractor being made aware of limits on this claim.
6. E-Mail: If insured’s email address is available, enter it here to invite the insured to view the progress of their job online.
Note: It is essential to have the insured’s email address to involve them at the very least in the non-salvageable inventory review process. They can also be given access to track their claim on-line through the cloud client portal if required.
7. Send an Email: If selected, an email will auto send to the insured with default text inviting them to log in an track their claim process.
Note: This does not have to be selected now. Auto emails for online access can be triggered at a later time through the job dashboard.
When to send? Here are some options to think about:
At Job Creation: Sending it at the time Job Creation provides an opportunity to explain to the insured what they can expect, the technology that will be used, and the transparency within which the contractor operates. A Great way to set the tone for success by establishing confidence in the process.
Post Packout: Sending the homeowner login link may have more impact after a packout is completed and uploaded so that the homeowner has data / images to see upon first login. This can be performed from the Job Dashboard.
8. Claim Notes: Enter any pertinent information related to the job scope or instructions from the adjuster or assigning contractor.
Note: Any entry here can be viewed by the adjuster on-line, through their iCat web portal, if you have given them access. Use of this field is a great way to demonstrate transparency. Both adjuster & contractor can see exactly what is required and understood to be the scope of this particular job.
9. Pricing Type: The common practice is to use an uploaded external catalog which contains pricing codes authorized to be used. To do so, leave this selection as it defaults to External Catalog as the Pricing Type.
Pricing using External Catalog: The description of a content item, either entered manually or selected from a list, is part of the stock “Product” Catalog. When pricing for cleaning, an administrator would “Marry” a cleaning code from the user uploaded “External” Catalog. The price associated with that code would be used to bill for the cleaning cost for that item description.
10. Click <Next> to go to the Action Plan,
11. Click <Next> (the action plan will be retired in coming versions).
Important: Do not alter or de-select Action Plan Options. Using the action plan
allows for live reporting & statistics related to the job, such as percentage
cleaned, delivered, priced, etc.
12. Finally click <Submit> to create the job. The job now appears in the Jobs View and will appear on the iCat Mobile App once the app is refreshed using a internet connection.